Since the current versions of the Desktop Wallet are not backward compatible, it is required to remove the files manually before upgrading to the next major version.
Points to mention:
- On Mac and Windows the wallet files reside in directories which are not shown by default, yet they can be accessed via a command line interface (see the examples below).
- On Mac and Windows the wallet files reside (by default) in a home directory of the user. In the examples below the user name is
aliceon all the platforms.
- The suggested commands will unconditionally remove the files, an action which cannot be undone.
- Push windows button+R, the Run window will appear. Type cmd and click OK.
- In the window that appears, paste the following command and click enter:
RD /s /q "C:\Users\alice\AppData\Local\Beam Wallet"
- Open the Terminal app, paste the following command and click enter:
rm -R "/Users/alice/Library/Application Support/Beam Wallet"
- Run the following command in terminal:
rm -R ".local/share/Beam Wallet"