Technical BIP Template
BIP#: <# to be assigned>
Title: <BIP title>
Author(s): <list of authors' names and/or email addresses and GitHub handles>
Contributors: <list of contributor's names and/or email addresses and GitHub handles>
Type: BIP Type
Status: <Assigned by BIP Facilitator>
Date Proposed: <yyyy-mm-dd>
Dependencies: <List of dependent BIPs>
Replaces: <List of BIP it is replacing>
License: <added by BIP Author>
- A list of supporting materials referenced by this BIP.
- A description of what the Beam Improvement Proposal (BIP) is focused on. Suggest 30 words max.
- A description of what the Beam Improvement Proposal (BIP) is focused on. Suggest 100 words max.
- A description of the purpose of each component in the BIP. Suggest 30 words max per component.
- A short description of the motivation behind the BIP.
Specification / Proposal Details
The details of the proposed technical solution. The specification should be detailed enough to allow an implementation team to begin development as well as testing. The specification for technical BIPs must include the following components:
The final code that can be used directly in the executive vote to accept or reject the BIP.
For the implementation or testing of the proposed code
- This is one of the most important aspects of the Technical BIP proposal. The purpose of this section is to proactively document any security-relevant design information, decisions, potential failure modes, implementation details, and important discussions related to the proposed change. This section helps to optimize the BIP process by providing proactive guidance on security considerations when proposing a change that will affect the Beam network.
- Backwards compatibility
Auditor Information and Report
- This section includes the audit partner details and the final audit report for the proposed code.
Recommended licenses for developed code:
- MIT: Expat/MIT/X11 license
- BSD-2-Clause: OSI-approved BSD 2-clause license
- BSD-3-Clause: OSI-approved BSD 3-clause license
- CC0-1.0: Creative Commons CC0 1.0 Universal
- GNU-All-Permissive: GNU All-Permissive License
- Apache-2.0: Apache License, version 2.0