Beam addresses are only stored locally in the wallet database and not on the blockchain. Be sure to backup or export the wallet metadata before removing the wallet.
Your Address Bookis where you will find:
- My Active Addresses: active wallet addresses are secure and ready to send or receive Beam coins.
- My Expired Addresses: expired wallet addresses from previous transactions.
- Contacts Lists: a helpful list of previously sent wallet addresses.
How it looks in your wallet
A collection of screenshots to better help visualize the previous content.
'My Active' addresses
Remember: the wallet address data listed in transactions or address book does not reflect the address data stored on the blockchain.
Your wallet address data is stored locally in your
wallet.db file. To find your
wallet.db file, see files and locations.
'My Expired' addresses
Addresses expire after every sent transaction and become inactive. Conversely, you can receive payments with the same address a total of 10 times. Desktop wallet addresses have a default expiration date of two months.
Always double-check that you are not using an expired address to receive or send your Beam coins.
Delete previously sent to wallet addresses or send them more Beam by clicking the kebab menu
Clicking the kebab menuallows you to access the 'edit address' function:
- Receive: receive more Beam coins from a previously used active address.
- Show QR Code: users sending Beam using the mobile wallet app can scan the QR code for fast, secure payments.
- Edit Address: write and save comments for your record-keeping.
- Delete Address: deleting an address on your desktop wallet also deletes it from your
The data of the addresses listed in your Beam wallet address book is stored locally and does not reflect data recorded on the blockchain.